- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA – Bachelor of Science – 1983
- Louisiana State University Medical Center, Shreveport, LA – Doctor of Medicine -1987
- Internal Medicine – University of Tennessee/Baptist Memorial Hospital – Memphis, TN -1987-1990
- American Board of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
- Named as one of Louisiana’s Top Doctors in Louisiana Life Magazine, Benjamin B. Close is a board-certified allergist specializing in asthma, cough, hay fever, sinusitis, and allergies.
- He is married to former Mimi Nichols Close with three children (Tori, Kyle, and Jackson.)
- Dr. Close enjoys LSU sports, mountain bike riding, and golf.