Named as one of Louisiana’s Top Doctors in Louisiana Life Magazine, Benjamin B. Close is a board certified allergist specializing in asthma, cough, hay fever, sinusitis, and allergies.
Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA – Bachelor of Science – 1983
Louisiana State University Medical Center, Shreveport, LA – Doctor of Medicine -1987
INTERNSHIP AND RESIDENCY
Internal Medicine – University of Tennessee/Baptist Memorial Hospital – Memphis, TN -1987-1990
Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology – Tulane Medical Center – New Orleans, LA 1990-1992
American Board of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology
LSU Health Sciences Center – Shreveport, LA
American Academy of Asthma, Allergy, and Immunology – Fellow American College of Asthma, Allergy, and Immunology – Fellow Louisiana Society of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology American College of Physicians – Fellow
• Cenla’s Best Doctor-2008.
• Best Doctor in Louisiana -1996-present.
• Volunteer Faculty Award -American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology.
• Past President of Louisiana Society of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology and former board member.
• Presenter at state and regional scientific medical meetings.
• Frequent lecturer at scientific medical meetings.
Married to former Mimi Nichols Close with three children (Tori, Kyle, and Jackson.)
LSU sports, mountain bike riding, and golf.